In preparation for taking some time off during the summer of 2018, Dr Domenici is currently offering short term individual psychotherapy for those looking to complete their work by May 2018. There are a variety of problems that can be effectively treated over the course of just a few months.
- Panic attacks. If you have recently started having panic attacks, now is the time to find out how to reduce your risk for chronic ongoing anxiety. Acute onset of panic attacks usually does not need to be treated with medication. If you have recently found yourself in an urgent care center or ER, and been told there is nothing medically wrong, you can prevent another visit with some specific anxiety management strategies.
- College Students. If you need help with mood, anxiety, or academic stress between now and the end of the semester, don't wait. You don't need to "just hang on" until May, counting down the days until you can go home. Now is the time to work on making things better. Dr Domenici is happy to provide a treatment summary to help easily transfer your care to a mental health provider in your home town over the summer.
- Relationship breakups. The end of an important relationship can be hard for anybody, and often people are able to work through normal feelings of sadness on their own. However, if you have found yourself feeling hopeless, anxious, sleepless, or angry, and these things are interfering with your ability to live your life, counseling might help make the transition easier.
- Work stress. Is work becoming a place you hate to go? Do you feel anxious and depressed when you wake up in the morning, dreading your day? Are you having trouble communicating effectively with colleagues and supervisors about how to make this better? It can be helpful to talk these things over with a neutral person who can help you identify strategies for making the situation better.
- Psychological Evaluation. If you need a formal psychological evaluation and diagnosis to qualify for a program at another agency (such as case management), Dr Domenici maybe able to help. Usually these evaluations can be completed in 1-3 sessions.
- Other. If you are just not sure whether your problem is one that can be effectively addressed in short term therapy, simply give a call and talk it over with Dr Domenici on the phone.
There are certain problems that are best addressed by a provider who can be available on a consistent basis over the long term. Check back in with Dr Domenici in the fall if you are experiencing any of the following:
- A history of chronic suicidal thoughts or actions
- Self harm
- Eating disorder
- History of severe childhood abuse and/or likely PTSD
- Recurrent depressive or manic episodes
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder